The present church, designed by Samuel Bell, was built in 1812 close to where an earlier one had been set up in the 13th century. Samuel Bell also designed The Steeple Church and St. Andrew’s Church in Dundee.
Prior to Bell’s church being built, the Manse, which is now a private family home, just over the south wall of the cemetery, had been rebuilt in 1801 and renovated in 1811.
The Vestry of the church was added some time later in the 19th century.
An interesting feature is the stained glass windows. They are a War Memorial to local fallen men of the 1914 – 18 First World War.
For further information, take a look at the Kinnettles Heritage Group’s site where you will find a wealth of information on the Kinnettles Kirk, the local community and surrounding area.
Map appears courtesy of and is the © copyright of Ordnance Survey
This website designed by and all photographs are the © copyright of
Bob Douglas unless otherwise stated.