Kinnettles Kirk

Picture Of Kinnettles Kirk Transparent GIF Map Showing Kirkton

The present church, designed by Samuel Bell, was built in 1812 close to where an earlier one had been set up in the 13th century. Samuel Bell also designed The Steeple Church and St. Andrew's Church in Dundee.

Prior to Bell's church being built, the Manse, which is now a private family home, just over the south wall of the cemetery, had been rebuilt in 1801 and renovated in 1811.

The Vestry of the church was added some time later in the 19th century.

An interesting feature is the stained glass windows. They are a War Memorial to local fallen men of the 1914 - 18 First World War.

For further information, take a look at the Kinnettles Heritage Group's site where you will find a wealth of information on the Kinnettles Kirk, the local community and surrounding area.

NOTE: Please be aware Kinnettles Church is no longer a place of worship. It was sold and is now a private house. Access to the cemetery, which belongs to Angus Council, is permitted.

Map appears courtesy of and is the © copyright of Ordnance Survey

This website designed by and all photographs are the © copyright of Bob Douglas unless otherwise stated.

Fairtrade support badge 9b PNG Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS! Validated by HTML Validator (based on Tidy)

[Top of page]
Transparent GIF